Long time, no talk, world of eager Eva readers. Wait, who are we kidding here, blog, its just you and me. You're the same as me, we see things they'll never see, you and I are gonna live forever. Just the two of us, we've come a long way, baby. Did you ever know that you're my hero? You're the meaning in my life, you're the inspiration, you're the best friend that I've ever had, what would we do, baby, without us? Shanana.
All right, that out of the way, BREAKING NEWS! Yesterday, a young man kindly pointed out that I had particularly "wide fingers." Once past the initial, stunned silence (WHAT? I DO? I have ALWAYS considered my hands to be dainty, delicate, pianist-fingers) that was more like one moment where I scowled at him, I simply said, "Yes, Dave, I have fat hands. Thank you for using such a polite euphemism when making inappropriate, embarrassing observations with a woman you don't know." However, that being true, it is ALSO true that I do, indeed, have fat hands. Any fool reading this who might be considering scoring me that Canary I have so long wanted, go big, or go home.
That fact and the fact that this weekend I consumed 17 times more booze than either food or water combined (but don't worry, what food I DID eat was completely packed with standard American excess that one would hardly be able to worry for undernourishment--and it was good) are what I directly blame for how badly I bowled last evening. Well, those two facts and the fact that I suck. A lot. But I had fun. With my new friend Chris who has a Fu Manchu (and contributes to the VERY funny and tastefully superior--Donnybrook Writing Academy) and a few of his friendly hipster pals, who certainly had to be displeased with having let me play when we realized my high score of the evening was an overwhelming 87.
Ok, that wasn't really breaking news, BUT, this just in: I coined a new word. As far as I know it is new, FuManchu seemed unimpressed with it but I refuse to be discouraged. And when it is as common a household item as Booyah! (I mean, really, when that guy coined that word do we really think everyone just froze, riveted by its brilliance and clear, lasting relevance? Ppff.) So, here it is:
Opionionado.
Take a moment, roll it around in there a bit. (In your brain, in your mouth, either works, it is at home both places.)
Otherwise known as the critic, the person who might not REALLY be qualified or informed on a subject (or just prefers to speak on subjects on which it isn't entirely possible to be technically well-versed), but sure has an opinion on it. They don't know shit, they just talk about shit. Not always a bad thing, either. Depends on if it is funny.
Take THAT urbandictionary.com!
In other news, the African American community suffered a big hit this weekend when BOTH Isaac Hayes AND Bernie Mac kicked the bucket(s?) at prematurely young ages. Word on the street is that Bernie Mac died from complications from pneumonia. This raises eyebrows, mine anyway, what kind of normally healthy 50 yr old dies of pneumonia? None. But UN-healthy ones do... I have my suspicion. But regardless, the world is a little less baritone this week, and all hopes of a re-emergence of Chef on South Park (or of an Ocean's 23) are now out the window. We will miss you, Shaft (singer). Oh, and you too, guy that was in Guess Who.
In brief, the weekend was great. Dinner with pals then out to see a pretty solid local band at the Hi-Dive. Blues and Brews Festival. Baseball game. Blues and Brews again. Bowling. FuManchu's (and at least one other) stellar short film at the 48-hour Film Festival. PTSD exboyfriend in town for a visit, think we showed him a good, Denver-tastic time. Plus, I got to wear 5 dresses this weekend. Any weekend with that much sundress is a good weekend
EXTRA, EXTRA!! Beth is coming in town!!!! Not reaaaally to see me, but SO WHAT! Ya-Hooooooo! AND I finished my FEATURE article for the magazine this past week. I think it is fabulosa. But it is, after all my baby, the product of my very own fat little fingers.
Which, speaking of, are tired of typing.
Over and out.
Skin Minecraft Maxim Free Fire Para Colorir
5 years ago

4 comments:
Wow, Fu-manchu sounds awesome! This post also reminds me of a joke, but I don't know if the classy world of the interweb is the place for a crass and potential offensive joke
Uhhh it is TOO to see you!! Why the hell else would I fly in on a Tues???
m
Obobbins...in name of Obama----change change change, he is the catalyst to spark another power shift!
45 and counting i am mlk!
Post a Comment